I'm on a...Yacht?


A new uniform...
When I say Yacht, what do you think of?  A large white vessel skimming the water with you sitting their drinking a martini in a cute bathing suite, maybe looking nautical?  Oh, that is what I used to think too, until I learned I could be on one...and get paid.

Above is my fancy uniform (Ok, not so fancy but let's pretend here). And in that "not so fancy uniform" I found myself a random weekend adventure. I hop on a boat, cruise the waters, cater to the guests, tie "lines" and learn terms like: bow, stern, port side, and galley. 

And by learn it is more like this...
{first 5 minutes on the yacht}

Stew: "Sheila, do you know how to tie dock lines?
Sheila: "Are they ropes?"
Stew: "Do you know where the bow is?"
Sheila: Point in random direction
Stew: "No, that is starboard..."
Sheila: "Oh yes, I have heard of star before!"
Stew: "No, not star, starboard - the right side of the craft."

(first 5 hours on the craft}
Stew: "Sheila, go to the bow and bring back one of the fenders I put away."
Sheila: "Sureeee thing." As I walk toward the wrong end of the boat and realize any inanimate object could possibly be a fender. How good are my guessing skills....
Stew: "Ummm you are going the wrong way and that is a line in your hand."
Sheila: (Awkward silence followed by awkward smile)

So the whole boat lingo might take awhile, but I am marking it in the books as a fun adventure and way to see Miami by water :)

Have you ever done any random jobs just for fun?

xo


PS. - Still in Europe, but wanted to leave you some fun reads while I was away.  I will respond to your lovely comments when I return!

6 comments:

Life's a shoe :

love this look! its a nice and casual outfit :)

Liesl :

I hope you are having a lovely time in Europe, you lucky duck! :)

Also, I wanted to let you know I award you a Versatile Blog Award because I simply love your blog, layout and all your fun posts!

You can view it here...

http://fabulousfashions4sensiblestyle.blogspot.com/2012/07/blog-awards-versatile-bogger-and-random.html

Lisamarie :

Geeees, Sheila! You are in Europe, working on a yatch????????

Lucia :

I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on lavieenrose.blog8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately
http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

Kristin :

How fun! You are such a brave adventurer Sheila! Hope you're having a ball across the pond. I can't wait to hear all about it!! :-)

Simply Splendid LOVE :

This is kind of awesome!! I swear your life seems amazing! Beach, beautiful water, yummy places to eat, photography, yachts, I mean awesome!! HA. Hope you are enjoying Europe!!!

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover