Peaceful in Prague {Part 1}

I usually am a planner. I list maker. The one coming up with the ideas. But this trip was different. I did nothing but purchase a plane ticket.  And let me tell you, it was amazing.

The trip started out on a funny note as I rushed to the airport a day earlier, only to be told, "Ma'am, we don't have a flight for you today, but we do have one for you tomorrow."  Whoops!  It was like Ground Hog's day. I just went back home, worked, re-thought my packing, watched a movie, and prepped for the next day. Only to wake-up and head to the airport....again.  {I also did not tell many people about this mishap, so keep your lips sealed} ;)

Today I will tell you about Prague.

I met up with an old friend and we made plans to tour the city.  I truly had no expectations of the place, as I did z-e-r-o research.  I like to tell people I was so focused on living in the present, I had no time to plan.  But the truth was, something inside me was vacation rebelling. I wanted to see what it was like to just "go." And I liked it!

We strolled the streets of Praque. Finding a city full of old stone, stories, amazing views, hidden artists, and great beer food.

We will talk more about him later, shall we :) {joy}

This was  magical tea garden - so inviting
Lavender was everywhere
And olive oil was a staple
I will share some more hidden secrets of Prague tomorrow :)

xo

P.S. Have you ever when on a vacation without lists and research? And did you like it?
P.P.S I have a more Europe photos for you, a Tuscan engagement shot and a the most romantic wedding photo shoot yet.  Stay tuned :)


8 comments:

Kristina :

Great pictures on Prague! I've actually never been there but those pictures look like I really need to head there soon. To be completely honest I've never been on a vacation where I haven't planned everything. I'm just way to concerned about missing something special to not do any research on my next vacation spot. But maybe I should try "to just go" some time :-)

Elisha Maree Cruz :

Loving the photos! Pragues deffinatly on my to travel list! as is Tuscany- I'll have to keep my eye out for the shoot in Italy.

X

Kelley @ Kelley Maria :

Gorgeous photos! I want to visit Prague some day for sure. I went on a trip to Europe with minimal planning and although it was stressful at times, I loved having an open itinerary where we could come and go and we pleased.

Sheila@TheFailteHouse :

Kristina! Thanks so much - it was a beautiful place! I won't lie - I do wish I researched a bit more, but it was nice to just wing if...at lease once :) And next time I am in Germany, I will def. be visiting you!!! Let me know if you are ever in PA :) Have a lovely day!

Meg {henninglove} :

i love love prague!! i visited it back when i was studying abroad in Vienna, it was a spectacular city. Your post is taking me back, and I love your jumping shots

Simply Splendid LOVE :

Hahahahaha. I can't believe you went to the airport a day early!!! That is the funniest thing ever!

I'm a planner too. When I go on trips, I like to plan things out. I don't think I could just "wing it". That would probably stress me out or I'd feel like I'd be missing something if I didn't do some research ahead of time.

Lovely pictures girl!

Sheila@TheFailteHouse :

Meg! Yes, you will love love the place! Haha, I like to jump around the world ;)

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to say hello, Meagan :)

Kristina! You need to go, it is so close to Austria! As for not planning - it was fun, but I think doing a little bit of planning is the best :) Being flexible, but still a small plan :) Have a great day, Kristina!

Aspiring Kennedy :

I can't get over how gorgeous your photos of Prague. They make me want to hop on a plane and just go. No thinking, no planning. Sometimes that is the best plan of all.

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover