A Return

Wait to you see this girls engagement photos next week 
<3
I try not to write super long posts, my sister says she only looks at the pictures anyways. But today is an exception, today I might be a little more verbose then usual to make up for lost time. :)

 It is funny how I missed this little bog community. You all are an inspiring bunch who motivate me to be a better person and work harder in different aspects of my life.  Just wanted to say, thank you! I also cherished your sweet little messages you sent while I was away.  It feels good to be missed ;) 

 And talking about missing things, it was wonderful to see my family again after 8 months.  I was blessed with the opportunity to work from home for a few days in order to see my new niece, photograph my dear friends maternity session, and help throw my mom's XX surprise birthday party. It was a wonderful week!

sisters
Here are some memories that made my heart melt: 

  • Holding my new niece and watching the joy on my brothers face every time he held her.  I asked him how it feels to be a dad.  He explained how he thinks he is the luckiest man in the world. "Everyday I fall more in life with my wife and now I have the perfect daughter. I am blessed."  Yup, I tear might have slipped from my eye when I heard this.
  • Enjoying a tea party with my little cousin, Niamh.  We read stories, organized her dandelions on the tea table, and sipped "tea water" with elegance. We also had very important conversations about what Disney princess we wanted to be. Then she proceeded to tell me I should not buy things I see on TV, because it is a scam.  (I will wait till she grows up to tell her I work in marketing...)
  • Shared secrets with my little three year old nephew as he looked up at me with big blue eyes and whispered in my ear, " I love you Sheila. Do you want to stay over for a sleep over."  I died a little and maybe shed another tear.  
  • Getting manicures with my mom and having fun telling her lots of little fibs about what we were going to do for her birthday, only to see her surprise when she arrived to her party of 75 people who loved her.
  • Felt blessed to grab food and drinks in the city of Philadelphia after an evening of shooting my cousins engagement photos. I miss those times. 
  • Seeing old friends and catching up on their stories.
  • Enjoying the first dinner at Rachel's new condo and picking (stealing) tomatoes from Claire's garden at her new house.
  • Seeing where my sister worked, and being impressed with the impact she continually makes on all the babies and families she works with in the NICU.
  • Laughing with the family as we looked at old photographs from our childhood.
  • Having coffee with my old roommates and dreaming about where we will see each other next and what God's plans our.
  • Enjoying sister bonding time in the "red room" and sharing secrets that only sisters can know.
  • And maybe I shed 50 more tears when my cousin let me borrow her fancy car while I was home, so I could travel to see my extra large family.

I didn't want to come back to Florida.  

I was ready to say, "Goodbye sun, goodbye ocean, goodbye breezy nights and ocean runs - I am heading north."  But after a day of being in a slump, I realized I am where I am supposed to be. God is pulling me and stretching me and making me grow closer to him down here.  And if that is the case, this is where I want to be.  I believe in fully living in the present and growing where planted.

So three cheers to living in the moment and being grateful for blessings.  Blessings to go home and see loved ones and blessings to come back to my new "home" refreshed. 

If you have gotten to the bottom of this post, I am very impressed with you! Thanks for reading and I am excited to share some beautiful photos from different shoots and catch up on your blogs.  I have missed you all :)

xo

P.S. Would love to hear some of your favorite family memories!
P.P.S. I might be a bit slow in responding to all the emails you sent while I was away, but don't you fret - I will be diligently working on them this week :)
P.P.S  I have my first giveaways coming up. You are going to love them!

6 comments:

Megan Wait :

Oh, you looked so gorgeous in that little white dress!

And Niamh was one of my favourite names ever, I wanted to call my little girl that, but then everyone said I shouldn't, because no one would pronounce it right!

Kristina :

Sheila! You are back! It makes me smile when I open Safari on my macbook and the first thing I see is a new post on your blog. Reading your inspiring words is always a great way to spend my lunch hour.
I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time at home! Family and friends are the best!
And yes to fully living in the present and growing where planted :)
Have a great week!

Kyle :

Great post this morning! Thanks for sharing a little part of your life with us everyday. I know it's challenging being away from family and friends but at the same time I know you make them very proud. You are a wonderful person and they are very lucky to have you in their lives. May God bless the road ahead. Take care!

Sheila@TheFailteHouse :

Kristina! So happy to be back and I have missed your sweet comments. I am just getting back into the swing of things, but happy to be getting organized again. I hope your trip to the lake was wonderful!

Thanks so much kyle!

Mimi-Michel :

Aw I might have teared up reading! Precious moments!

Sheila@TheFailteHouse :

Michel - Yes, it was so wonderful being home and so hard to return. I miss seeing the babies grow and mature. See you all in a few short months, and this time I need some time with the twins :)

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover