|Sheila Sheridan Photography|
So at the request of a lovely reader, today I am going to go over how to put text and that pretty "line" on your photos. This little tutorial will help you create great items for Pinterest too :)
There are two methods that could work: Photoshop or PicMonkey.
1. Open your photo of choice inside Photoshop
2. Go to the little rectangle at the bottom of your Photoshop tool bar
3. Stretch the rectangle across your photo until you get the size/position you want.
4. You can change the color at the top of your screen via the color box display.
4. Go into layers and change the opacity of your new shape
5. Select the text tool, and enter your text
6. Make sure the text layer is above the "shape" so the text will appear in the forefront.
1. Click Edit a photo
2. Open your photo of choice inside PicMonkey
3. Click on Overlays (all the funny shapes)
4. Click on Geometric Shapes
5. Select the rectangle
6. Choose a color ( I love white or gray)
7. Scroll the "fade" slider to lower the opacity
8. Now go to the text tool and enter your text
9. Size it so it fits inside the rectangle
10. If you text is behind the white line, just right click on the line and say bring to front.
Boom - you are done! That was not too hard now?
I sure hope this helps. I will be giving you more tips on how I create props for sessions and additional editing techniques. I am a big fan of organic and simplicity, but sometimes I like to have fun and switch up my editing.
Also, feel free to reach out if there is something specific you are looking to learn how to do!
P.S. Does anyone know how to put two photos side by side in blogger, without making a collage? Or is that the only way?
P.P.S. Have an amazing wonderful day!