What to Wear During Your Photo Shoot

KT Merry Photography
Kate Macpherson Photography
The infamous question, "What should I wear for my photo shoot," is an important one.  You don't want to date yourself, but you still want to look stylish.  You want to make sure the photo shouts how beautiful and unique you are, but yet you want to be cohesive with the others in the shoot.  Tricky stuff.

Here is what I say...

Less is more. Go for natural colors, pastels, whites, creams, etc. and not a lot of patterns or graphics.  Pick clothes that you feel beautiful in, but at the same time won't date you.  If you are in love with those high wasted shorts, top bun, and thick rimmed glasses - definitely bring them along.  But then also bring an outfit change that will make your photos timeless. (Ladies, think Audrey Hepburn.) An elegant or romantic dress for the girls and a button down with jeans for the guys, will do just fine.  You get the idea.  

Be unique, be stylish, but strive for simplicity in dress, so as to make your memories into art. 

{If the focus of a shoot is on fashion then that is a whole new ball game, which we can talk about later!}

If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email!
_________________________________________________________________

While we are on the topic of clothes, I have a little website you all might like.  Do you remember the highly fashionable Nicholl from the Chiffon Diary? The one with cute outfits for an affordable price? 

Well she has just opened her own online store called Genesis! Her mission is to provide females who might not hav
e otherwise had the opportunity, to be fashionable for less. 

Her store and mission are amazing - make sure to check her out! (I bought the yellow top already) ;)

http://shopgenesis.storenvy.com/


xo

P.S. I would love to hear any tips your photographers gave you on what to wear!

4 comments:

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia :

This is such a useful post. When I did a photo shoot the photographer told me to bring three outfits, one casual and neutral, the other formal, evening and something fun that represented me :)

Milynn {Love + Whimsy} :

lovely post. my co-worker just had an engagement shoot on sunday and I was asking her the same thing! How do you decide what to wear?? I def agree that less is more!

Kristin :

These are wonderful tips Sheila - especially with photo sessions becoming more and more the "thing". I love the idea of dressing to make them timeless art...

Also, I LOVED your recap post! Sounds like you had an absolute ball up north! So happy for you - glad that you were able to spend that special time with your family and fill your memory box all up with new treasures :-).

Welcome home dear! We've missed you!

Simply Splendid LOVE :

What to wear is a very important toping in photography. It's fun because I get to help others in figuring out what they will wear for pics. I also get to put together family outfits. I'm in the process of coming up with some fall inspiration outfits. I love your cream idea. Neutrals photograph really well. I'm totally going to steal this idea and maybe do cream and grey.

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover