Thanksgiving Thankful Thursday

A Cup of Jo
It is almost life size, isn't it? Happy Thanksgiving!

Liesl and myself will be linking up again this year to spread some gratitude cheer. 


I mentioned in my last post that Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and give thanks.  A time to pause and think about all the blessings that came our way. A time to give thanks for all we are given.  Last year I did a little thankful tree, not sure how I completely forgot to make one of those this year - whoops!  Moving on. 

This year, I reflected. 

Thankful Hearts are the Happiest Hearts:
  • A year where I was pushed and prodded to grow
  • A supportive family that believes in my dreams
  • The completion of my secret project (I will show you soonish)
  • Living in a warm location where my toes are free 365 days of the year
  • My youth group students who never cease to make me laugh
  • New family members (The Irish clan's never stop growing)
  • Long talks with old friends
  • New friends with hearts for adventure
  • Photography (all things about it)
  • Pumpkin Pie (As this is an important part of today. Apple pies are nice too)
  • Sunsets over the water on my drive home from work
  • Watching old men fish and share tales along the bridge
  • Running along the water and feeling faster
  • All the beautiful adventures that this year brought
  • Learning to fall in love with simplicity again
  • And um, Thanksgiving food, of course

Unlike last year, I won't be surprising my family with a little visit home. Instead I will be spending the holiday watching friends learn how to cook a turducken wrapped in quilted bacon, while carefully placing my store bought pies on pretty plates - so they will never know my little un-homemade secret. I am saving them from a disaster. Really.  

I won't be rubbing elbows with my many cousin's this year, fighting over who get's to hold the baby next, stealing 3 extra slices of mom'mom's famous pies, or sharing stories about love, lose, hopes, dreams, and adventure. But I do know, no matter where I am in the world we all are giving thanks together for another wonderful year.  Three cheers for that!  Hip Hip...

Now please excuse me as I finish this lovely apple pie.

Happy Thanksgiving, Friends! 

xo




7 comments:

Camila Carneiro :

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Enjoy the pie, it looks delish ;)
xoxo

Kristina :

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving :) I hope you had an amazing day!

Janene Krajci Christine Hutchinson :

What an amazing pic! I want to dig right in! I love your attitude of gratitude...I want to move to a warmer climate myself...I just couldn't bear to leave the extended family behind though. Thanks for linking up this week at the #MTMmixer. Good to have you There.

Tina Byland :

Irish clans really never stop growing. This is so true! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

momto8blog :

Yes...that pie does look fabulous!!!
and happy belated Thanksgiving...my favorite holiday! because we all stop the craziness of life to count our blessings....
I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

Meredith :

The pics are great, and again, I'm just so wowed by how darn gorgeous your blog is. Thanks for linking up with the #MTMmixer!
Meredith
www.themomoftheyear.net

Ashley :

You've got a wonderful list of things to be thankful for... and you've got me really curious about your secret project. I'm dreaming of serene white rooms now. (:

Your list has me thinking about how I really need to grow my list of things to be thankful for... I'm finding it tough to be thankful since we've moved far from friends and family. I'm terrible with change, but I still have so many things to be thankful for it's silly to not have a huge list of thanks.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. (:

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover