WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WEREN'T AFRAID? 1 OF 3


I spoke with a few close friends about the question we discussed last week, "What would  you do if you weren't afraid?" 

When I first asked my friends this question, their reactions where the same one I had the first time I saw Facebook's question -- A big blank stare, followed by, "hmmmmmm."    It's a lot to take in and funny how we never realize how firm a grasp fear has on us, till we face it. 

So let's start with Amy, a sweet friend who always has a smile on her face.

______________________

Sheila:  "So what would you do if you weren't afraid, Amy?"

Amy: "Hmmm, that is something I might need to think about....  I think I would sail around the world, which is also true- fear of not catching enough fish and lobster to survive on and maybe get shipwrecked, haha.  In all seriousness, maybe I would move to an underserved community to work in or start a medical clinic, because I'd be afraid to leave everything/everyone I know and not have an income!

Sheila: "They are both pretty great answers, Amy!  Both touch on the point about just jumping and pursuing a passion, but fear sneaks in to remind of us "reality.'"

Amy:  "Yeah, I think I would lean more toward the medical clinic, so I could use my degree and interests to help others!"

Sheila:  "Do you think you will just jump one day, and pursue that dream?  Shake that fear?"

Amy:  "Dreams and fears change with time, but I would like to think so!  I am going to keep this question in the back of my mind as I start new chapters in life."
______________________

Thanks you Amy for your honesty and sharing your dreams!

I have a few more posts on "fear" coming your way to address the question: "What would you do if you weren't afraid?"

 Go on, think about it :)

With a grateful heart,
XOXO always,
Sheila

P.S.  If you missed the first fear post, check it out here

- Live simply - intentionally - gratefully - joyfully -

3 comments:

Jenna Condon :

What a great idea. It's so true I would do many many things if it wasn't for fear. Great post.
http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/07/summer-storm.html

Allie :

I think I would have definitely gone to the East Coast/South for undergrad. But I still have that option for grad school so we'll see!

LeeLee :

Such a great conception and question.

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover