MIND BODY SOUL LIVING: DREAM AWAKE

As I wait for the exciting MBS Living project to take shape and small doors to open, I am learning the importance of patience and His timing.  All good things come in their proper time :)

So while we wait for the unveiling of this little project, which I truly hope becomes a gift for you all, I thought I would share some of my own MBS Living items for this year.  And encase you are new and not sure what MBS Living is, feel free to check out the links to get caught up HERE and HERE.

And below is an extra little summary for you:
The Mind Body Soul Living chart started a few years ago as a running list of dreams I wanted to accomplish. I soon realized, however, I need shorter more tangible goals that would help me achieve my dreams.

So I began creating lists. Lots and lots of lists! And as the lists grew and changed, I realized I did not want to just work toward a dream, but at the end of each year I wanted to be physically, intellectually, and spiritually stronger.  I wanted to know I spent a year of my life becoming the best version of myself, by growing in each area of my life, while also giving back.  So the MBS Living chart was created, where I divided my goals into categories to ensure that at the end of the year, I was working toward my short term goals, while also becoming the woman I was created to be - physically, intellectually, and spiritually.

A few random items on my list this year: 

Mind: How can I improve myself intellectually and culturally? 
  • Learn how to sail
  • Have a coffee date with a photographer I admire
  • Pitch a story to Verly magazine for publication
  • Finish all the books next to my nightstand, before starting any others
  • Conquer a fear
  • etc.
BodyHow can I improve physically ? 
  • Run my first 1/2 marathon
  • Enter the Navy obstacle race
  • Stay committed to Crossfit, 3 times a week
  • Practice yoga at least once a week
  • Go to a music festival next summer (Dancing = physical activity) 
  • Stay strong with clean eating  (I loooooove sugar)
  • etc.
SoulHow can I improve my spiritual life this year?
  • Dedicate this year to finding quiet time, 15 minutes of silence each morning
  • Continue to write daily in my gratitude journal 
  • Visit my family in Ireland
  • Write Super Granny more letter's 
  • Volunteer twice a month at X place
  • Launch the MBS Living "surprise" 
  • etc.
These are just a few random items I pulled from my long list. I love to write down everything that comes to mind over the course of a few weeks, and then narrow my list down to the goals that align with my mission for the year. I then place them into the MBS Living chart. I don't stress too much about what category they go into, as long as I feel I have created a well balanced list, I am happy.  And remember, you can add goals and change goals as the year goes on - Lara Casey mentioned how goals can change, but your core values and mission should not.  I will be sharing some of Lara's Power Sheets on instagram later,  I love how her power sheets have helped me create a more focused MBS Living chart this year!!

I would love to hear from you and see some of the items on your list!

I will be posting more about MBS Living later this month :)


With a grateful heart,
XOXO always,
Sheila

Image source 1: Quince With Sugar
Image source 2: Habitually Chic

- Live simply - intentionally - gratefully - joyfully -

1 comments:

Kristina :

Sheila, I still need to finish mine but I am working on it ;-) Actually this time I tried to do it a little different and basically combined your idea of the MBS-chart with Jess Lively's Seasonal Intention Calendar. I need real and doable deadlines to finish my goals and three months seemed like a great time frame to start with. We'll see how it goes :)

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover