SATIS: You have/do/are enough


Today we have our first guest blogger for the Satis series! I asked the sweet Denise, and new momma from Gratefully Inspired, if she could share one of her "enough" stories, as this little lady has one of the most beautiful and biggest hearts I know!   She did more than share, she wrote a guest post that gave me shivers.  Read on.....
_______________________________
via

When Sheila first told me about this “movement” if you will, my heart literally leapt with joy.  Being enough just as you are is a concept that every single woman needs to grasp.  It gives such freedom.  Yet as I sat down to write my little story I started to realize something.  I started to realize that the notion that I am enough is not something I just came to understand and now I am good to go.  It is something I have to remind myself every single day.  Kind of like taking up my cross daily.  As I take up my cross daily and seek Him, I am reminded that I am enough.  That He is more than enough.  And that His grace is sufficient.


a shot from my maternity session back in May

I feel like especially as a woman, I feel the need to “do it all” – to wear all of these hats.  Successful career and creative co-worker?  Doting wife in a rock-solid marriage?  Loyal friend with plenty of time for long phone catch-up sessions?  Disciplined in my faith and time with Jesus?  And most recently supermom who’s an expert at breastfeeding, diaper changes and keeping the house clean! I mean even just flipping through my favorite blogs can sometimes leave me feeling like I’m not enough.  I don’t do enough.  I don’t have enough.  But my friends those are all lies.  They could not be farther from the truth.  Because the truth is, I already am all of those titles in the eyes of the only one who matters – Jesus.  And when I truly put all things aside and seek Him – spend time with Him – my imperfections are made whole in His sight.  He gives me strength to be the best wife and mother that I can be.  He reminds me of my priorities and calms my heart when it becomes oh so overwhelmed. 

via
And you want to know the best part about it all?  If I did nothing right for the rest of my life, I would still be enough.  That’s just it.  Our worth has nothing to do with ourselves.  Absolutely nothing.  It has everything to do with Him.  His grace.  His mercies.  And our brokenness. 

So I beg of you sweet sister, put down the to-do lists and the expectations and run.  Run to Him.  Because you are enough.  Already.  Without all of the check marks beside tasks completed.  And for that I am so grateful.  Grateful that I am enough and I am His.  That is something to celebrate.




_______________________

Thank you Denise for such a beautiful post and great reminder -- "If I did nothing for the rest of my life, I would still be enough. "  Amen!

Two more Satis posts coming your way next week, with a little surprise. (I hope I am building the excitement here) ;) 

With a grateful heart
XOXO always,

Sheila

- Live simply - intentionally - gratefully - joyfully -


2 comments:

Nicole Shea :

Wow--those words really hit home! It is SO exhausting trying to do everything perfect, especially when you have NO idea what you are doing when it comes to being a new momma. Thank you for the reminder that we are already enough in the eyes of our Savior. Love this Denise.

Denise Lopatka :

so glad you were able to relate nicole!

and thank you for having me sheila!

you both are amazing women and i'm so blessed to have met yall via blogland :) xox

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover