CLEAR OCTOBER: Face Time Versus Screen Time


I read Lara Casey's monthly newsletter on Clear October, but didn't let it sink in. I kept going about my day with non-stop moving - work, crossfit, training, coffee dates, blogging, photography, editing, projects, etc. Each night I would fall into bed, exhausted.  I was living jam packed days, without moving forward.

After a few encouraging words from a the sweet Brianna, I realized I needed to slow things down, to prioritize my schedule around what matters most and work toward a Clear October.  I might be jumping on the October bandwagon a bit late, but I want the next few weeks to be time spent living in the now and preparing for future projects.

In Lara's post, she mentioned that she wants to spend more time staring into eyes, instead of at screens. That little sentence made me stop and think about how I interact with people, and how I spend my 24 hours each day. Do I constantly see the world through my camera phone?  Do I see the world through instagram?  Do I see the world and friends only via Facebook?  I didn't want that to be how I lived.  So the rest of October I want to stare into eyes. I am going to put my phone away, my social media away, and watch the "seasons change" (metaphorically speaking), while seated next to friends, around bonfires, carving pumpkins, listening to stories, and staring into eyes.

And now that I have more face time over screen time, I will also be wrapping up a few of the projects I have been putting off.

I will see you all in November!

With a grateful heart
XOXO always,
Sheila

Photo source: We Heart It


- Live simply - intentionally - gratefully - joyfully -

Following along on:
Instagram || Pinterest || Facebook

4 comments:

Kristina :

Sheila, you won't believe it but without reading that newsletter I decided I needed to make some changes regarding my "screen usage". At first I took a drastic step and deleted my Instagram account last night. As you know I haven't had it for long in the first place and I just realized it consumed way too much of my time. I also deleted the Twitter and Facebook apps from my phone and plan on only accessing those platforms while sitting at my desk working on my laptop anyways. I don't know how long I'll keep it up but I just felt like I needed a break from everything "on screen". Enjoy your clean October I'll be doing the same! xo

PS: Sorry for leaving the longest comment ever :D

Denise Lopatka :

yes yes yes. i felt so convicted after reading LC's newsletter. and i, too, am trying to see my time in a different light.

great post sweet friend! love u! xox

Nicole :

WOW! So so good. I can't wait to share this with my friends.

xo

m @ two handfuls of :

just found your blog (it's beautiful), and wanted to comment on this post saying that i love this concept. i am constantly re-evaluating how i spend my time and how it affects my days and relationships. i enjoyed reading your thoughts!
xo,
m

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover