CULTIVATING GRATITUDE


I can't believe it's already November, but I do love these 30 days of Gratitude. Thirty days to spend your mornings focusing on what you have, instead of what you have not. Thirty days to look up from your to do lists, and be thankful for all you have been blessed with. Thirty days to find the silver lining -- in everything.

Each morning, before my feet hit the floor, I scribble 5 things I am thankful for into my gratitude journal.  It helps me start my day off on a positive note.  Once seated at my desk, my co-worker and I send each other our gratitude list - it helps us stay focused on what matters most during the busy day.  And when life gets too busy, I quietly walk outside for a few gratitude steps. The more I count my blessings, the more blessings I find.  It's funny how gratitude turns what we have into enough ( (Melody Beattie).

So this November, I encourage you to create your own gratitude list and take your own gratitude steps.  It's beautiful how the more you say thanks, the more you have to be thankful for.

Happy November!

PS.  Watch this little clip on gratitude and happiness, you will LOVE it :)
PPS.  Happy to be back after my little Screen time break:)

With a grateful heart
XOXO always,
Sheila

Photo source: Unknown


- Live simply - intentionally - gratefully - joyfully -

Following along on:
Instagram || Pinterest || Facebook

6 comments:

Kristina :

What a powerful post to return with! Gratitude is such a wonderful thing but sometimes we need to be remembered to intentionally be grateful. Thank you for reminding me today.

PS: I loved the video...it made me cry :)

Sheila@TheFailteHouse :

Kristina! Thank you for your sweet words, gratitude really is a magical tool that can shape how we think, feel, and see the world :) It made me tear up too! XO

m @ two handfuls of :

cultivating gratitude has been a constant aim of mine for awhile now. i started my blog as a way to do just that. i've kept gratitude journals off and on, and i've learned that one of my favorite ways of capturing and cultivating gratitude and contentment is through photos! gratitude is such a journey....

Caravan Sonnet :

This is a beautiful post! I am so delighted to have discovered your blog tonight!! It is lovely! Looking forward to reading more and getting to know you more!
:) Rebecca
www.caravansonnet.com

Caitlin F. :

Hi there! I just stumbled across your blog and l-o-v-e it! I'm big into gratitude and mindful living, so this blog is right up my alley. Beautiful post :)

Charity Hall {isle of view} :

SO glad you're back! I love the idea of the gratitude journal-I'm participating in #gratefulnovember but sadly I find myself lacking in things to post. When that is the MOST ridiculous thing ever because I have so many things to be grateful for. Many are intangible. Doing the journal as of today. 5 days late is better than never right?

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover