BOOK CLUB: GET LOST IN THE PAGES

I was talking to my Pop on the phone yesterday and we started discussing books. Good ones, bad ones, and ones where the CliffsNote version would have served us better. There is nothing like curling up on a cool night, and getting lost in a story, or maybe an intriguing biography, or one of those inspirational self help books that you can't put down.

I have been reading a lot over the past few weeks and was reminded how calming it is.  To step away from screen time, constant commercials, so many noises, and just flip through pages and see where your mind goes. When I hung up the phone with my Pop, I realized how much I enjoyed discussing what we were reading.  Aside from the fact we sounded pretty scholarly, if I may say so myself, it was nice to talk about something beyond TV and trending  news.  (Not that Irish Terry would ever talk about those things anyway).

On that note, I would like to share more good reads.  Stories I couldn't put down and books that shaped my thoughts.  Maybe once a month or so?

I will share what books I have loved this month soon, but until then you can check out my online Library here.

PS - Would love to receive some of your recommendations on what to read!
PPS - I told Irish Terry to read this book.

With a grateful heart
XOXO always,
Sheila

Photo source: Spin Dizzy Fall

- Live simply - intentionally - gratefully - joyfully -

Following along on:
Instagram || Pinterest || Facebook   

1 comments:

Kristina :

This is such a great idea Sheila! I love reading and hearing other peoples suggestions would be so much fun. I just checked out your online library and didn't see "Blue Like Jazz" or "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" so if you really haven't read them yet I would recommend these. Emily from Today's Letters recommended them to me and reading them really was a blessing!
Happy Thursday :)

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover