WORD OF THE YEAR: COURAGE


Last year my word of the year was Gratitude.  The lovely Denise inspired me to find a word that would resignante me with all year.  A word that would remind me to grow and stretch and draw closer to Him.  It worked.  It helped me see all that I had before me. Cherish my family and friends just that much more. Keep a Gratitude journal and work toward 1,000 gifts.  Find joy in the littlest things. And I like to remember that what this world teaches us we need to be "happy" are not the same as He teaches.  But we can be fully joyful, fully grateful, fully present.  Amen? 

Today I wanted to share this year's word. A word that has been on my heart for awhile and relates directly to fear. Fear of making mistakes. Fear of change.  Fear of failure. Just plain ol' fear.  So this year my word is Courage.  At first I picked Fearless, until I looked into what it meant.  They implied that if you are fearless, you have a propensity to lack heart.  I didn't like that one too much - who wants to lose their heart?  So I switched to Courage, which is the act of overcoming fear.  That fit much better :)

So this year, I am going to keep gratitude nice and close tucked away in my back pocket and I will find a way to conquer fear through courage (and faith).  It's going to be a good year.  I feel it.

I am still working on my 2014 Inspiration board and soon Lara's Power Sheets.  I know I say this often, but she is such a source of inspiration.  If you have not read her little (big) blog, give it a read -- you will walk away with a little kick in your step and a new found love off all things southern.

How are your Inspiration Boards and words of the year coming along?  Would love to hear them!



With a grateful heart
XOXO always,
Sheila

Photo source: Sheila  Sheridan

- Live simply - intentionally - gratefully - joyfully -

Following along on:
Instagram || Pinterest || Facebook   

3 comments:

Kathleen Durham :

Courage is a perfect alternative to "fearless" since etymologically it is derived from the word "heart" :) You probably intended that and I am just slow on the uptake, but either way, just wanted to recognize your brilliance :)

And I wholeheartedly (no pun intended) agree: this year is going to be TOTES AMAZE...hehe ;)

Denise Lopatka :

i love your word!! will be praying for your friend!! my word is simplify :)

happy new year! i think 2014 is the year of our coffee/skype date dont you?

Chloe Arnold :

Love love love your word!! Might even have to add it on to my vision board for this year! Absolutely adore your heart :) Praying for you in 2014 love! xox
Be blessed

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover